Saturday, March 31, 2018

Finished Editing?!?

Hello!
Recap of where Anna and I are so far with our final project: 
-The two trailers are filmed
-Script is recorded
-Trailer 1 is almost finished editing
-Trailer 2 is put together and about 60% edited
-Film Promo Poster needs to be done
-Website needs to be done

  Basically we're about 40% done with the final project as a whole. We still have a lot to do and the next two weeks we will be working extremely hard to get everything done by the due date. I do think we are good with timing as we will hopefully be working every single day at getting everything done. Anna is great with all things photoshop so she will be putting together the Promo Poster, I will be helping her as we go. My task right now is to get the editing done.

 As of today, I have finished editing trailer 1, with just one small piece missing: the statics. We want to add the statics in the trailer because it hints at the conflict of the movie, which is the film Spencer made has been broken in the process of transfer.
  The editing process was tedious and lasted about 3-4 hours but I am very proud with what it looks like so far.  We added the music that was shown on the last post and it goes well with the trailer. I decided that for the trailer to look professional and realistic, we needed to add cinematic bars. Cinematic bars are the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Most trailers have these and when I added them our trailer transcended from amateur video to professional.


 This is a screenshot of our trailer with the cinematic bars.










This a screenshot of the trailer without the cinematic bars.











 I added a filter called vignette to the found footage, this makes the image look more vintage as you can see from the screenshots. I also added all of the audio for Spencer onto the video to give the illusion that he is there and it works very well expect for that of course the audio of the different shots sounds different than the audio of our voice actor background sound. I tried lots of things to fix it and I did the best I could. Lastly, in our final scene we have older Eliza remembering the crash where Spencer died and instead of showing it we decided to have audio demonstrate it. I added a realistic car crash and heart rate monitor sound effects that were copyright free. I also added Eliza screaming "Spencer!" at the top of her lungs that was done by our lovely actress, Laura.

All in all, today was quite productive.
Tune in next time!
Isa

No comments:

Post a Comment